2lb goat pieces
1 small onion
2T Olive oil
1 cup of malty beer or sweet liquid
1 medium onion diced
5 cloves of garlic minced
1 inch piece of ginger grated.
1.5qt chicken stock
1 cup yogurt
2 teaspoons cumin seeds
2 teaspoons black peppercorns
1 teaspoon cloves
2 cinnamon sticks
3 tablespoons coriander seeds
1 to 2 teaspoons chilli powder
1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
Toast whole spices then grind and combine with powdered spices.
1. Marinate goat overnight with onions, salt, olive oil and sweet liquid
2. Sear goat pieces in hot pan then remove.
3. Lower heat and add onion, ginger and garlic. Cook until onions begin to carmelize.
4. Deglaze pan with 1.5 quarts of chicken stock
5. Add spice mixture and goat. Simmer until goat is tender 3-4 hours, add water as needed.
6. Add salt to taste and yogurt. Serve with lemon.