From our Clarion River farms we've brought down:
- Riverview Dairy's delicious Chevres, Feta, Meadowbelle, & last wheel of The Purple Goat
- Goat Yogurt! Plain & Rhubarb
- Summer Squash! Yellow & Green Pattypans and Zucchinis
- Easter Egg Radishes
- Lettuce! red romaine, green romaine, & Buttercrunch
- Winter Bore and Red Russian Kale
- Rutabaga & Turnips
- Goat's milk - available by request
- Beef (Organically Raised, Grass-Fed)
- Goat - (We'll have it next week!)
- Pork (Organically Raised, Pastured)
- Chicken, stewing & roasting (Organically Raised, Pastured)
- Rolled Oats
- Spelt and Wheat flour
- Spelt Berries
- Spelt Crackers
- Pasture Maid Creamery's raw aged cheese and cream-line milk from New Castle, PA *
We still have a few Camemberts left!
- Bedillion Farms Honey from Hickory, PA*
- Glass-bottle milk from Aliquippa's Brunton Dairy *
- Locally grown KOMBUCHA (delicious and healthy effervescent beverage)
- Gluten-Free, Vegan, Soy-free, Nut-free treats from Pittsburgh*
*indicates products only available at the Pittsburgh Public Market
::Highlight: Kale! And a photo of our field::We are fully into Kale season, and we should all rejoice. Although it might seem easy to get tired of this thick and hearty leaf, Kale is the 'most nutritious vegetable in the world'. It's a powerful antioxidant and an anti-inflamatory, works against cancer in multiple ways, strengthens bones, good source of iron, and boosts DNA cell repair.
Kale also freezes well, so you can stock up now while it's fresh and bountiful-- preparing to savor its benefits during the winter too.
Here are some Kale ideas to keep you going!
- Strawberry-Kale breakfast smoothie!
(Throw some raw kale & strawberries & any other favourite fruit in the blender!)
- Grilled Kale Chips
(Cut the kale into pieces, then brush with olive oil, garlic, salt, pepper and toss on the grill)
- Kale Stir-Fry
(Take your favourite vegetables and fry them in the frying pan, drizzle with soy sauce or tamari