We are so happy to be able to offer a Fall and Winter CSA, this is exciting for us! It is a nice and sunny outside and we are busy here mulching and cleaning the fields for the winter. Hopefully we have a few more days like this so that everything can get done!
In this weeks box:
- Gold Potatoes
- Rutabagas (this root vegetable is delicious in in soups, casseroles, roasted, or mashed with potatoes. They are high in beta carotene and store well up to a month.)
- Red Butterhead lettuce
- Arugula (these are great on a sandwich or added to a salad)
- Napa Cabbage ( a favorite ingredient in Asian cooking. It is good in stir fries, soups, slaw, and of course kim chi.)
- Buttercup Squash (similar to a Butternut in flavor)
- Celeriac (sometimes called "celery root" , they have a strong celery flavor. It is easiest to slice off the top and bottom and then slice off the sides with a knife. They are great in soups and make wonderful stock. Recipe below)
- Paprika Peppers (a small sweet pepper)
The next pick up day will be next Thursday, we will send out an email reminder. Have a great day!